Which cable for 144hz? – 144hz monitor cable advisor
As we already mentioned in our main article about 144hz monitors, the choice of the right cable is definitely important, because not every monitor cable supports a refreshrate of 144 hertz. Therefore we made an extra article about 144hz cables which will help you to choose the right product for your monitor!
144hz cable – what’s important to know?
For the usage of a 144hz Monitor you need one of the following cables (“144hz cable”):
- Dual Link DVI-D cable
- DisplayPort cable
- HDMI 2.0 (only up to 120hz)
Why Dual Link DVI-D?
- Supports a resolution of up to 2560×1600 Pixel
- 9,9 Gbit/s highspeed transfer rate
- Supports Hot Plug of DVI display devices
- Highspeed 1080p transfer rate and up to 1920×1200 pixels + Audio transfer
- recommended for DisplayPort devices with HDMI devices (TV or beamer)
- perfect for HD Television, Beamer, 144hz Monitors, graphic cards, interface cards, Media Center
Why HDMI 2.0? – Only 120hz possible!
HDMI Version 1.4 or higher allows the displaying of games in 3D mode. With this HDMI cable you can display a resolution of up to 3840×2160 pixel (4K resolution).
We recommend one of the following HDMI cables for 120hz and 4k gaming monitors: